Call for Applications: International Course for Cultural Heritage Management
The International Course for Cultural Heritage Management, organized by the Education Center for Traditional Culture (ECTC) at the Korean National University of Cultural Heritage of the Cultural Heritage Administration, will be held in Buyeo, Republic of Korea, from 14 to 27 October 2018.
The key objective of the International Course for Cultural Heritage Management is to strengthen exchanges and build networks among public/civil servants managing cultural properties in Asia and Europe. The course objectives are as follows:
- Enhancing the image of Korea and contributing to the international community by sharing experiences and cases of preservation, management, and use policies related to Korean cultural properties
- Establishing an organization and human network of cultural heritage management experts and and build mutual cooperation relationships
For this course, we are inviting twelve public/civil servants who manage cultural properties in Asia and Europe to share their knowledge and experience and to discuss and find solutions to regional challenges that we face. The main topic is ‘Sustainable Preservation of Architectural Heritage in Historic Cities (Repair and Restoration and Historical Environment)’
To this end, we asking for recommendations for a candidate to attend course. Recommendations should be sent to Ms. Bo-Mi Park (firstname.lastname@example.org), the course manager.
- Topic Sustainable Preservation of Architectural Heritage in Historic Cities (Repair and Restoration and Historical Environment)
- Period 14 to 27 October 2018 (download the full schedule)
- Place Education Center for Traditional Culture (ECTC) and site visit
- Participants Twelve public/civil servants managing cultural properties in Asia and Europe
- Lectures Preservation and Management Policies of Historic Cities of Korea.
- Site visits Andong, Gyeong-ju, and Seoul
- Participant presentations Country report (October 22)
- To be eligible, the applicant must have been born after 1974 and be fluent in English.
- Applicants should submit an application form no later than 3 August 2018 to Ms. Bo-mi Park via e-mail (contact information).
- Applicants should also submit the official recommendation form, a country report, and a medical check (in English and signed by doctor) no later than 9 August 2018 via e-mail.
Countries Eligible for Participation
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Iran, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the Philippines, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam as well as member countries of the Organization of World Heritage Cities.
Expenses for the participants will be fully covered by the ECTC.
- Accommodations and transportation expenses
- All meals
- Round-trip airfare (tickets will be sent to the participants via e-mail)
All queries, recommendations, and documents should be sent to
Korean National University of Cultural Heritage
Education Center for Traditional Culture (ECTC)